DIMemsSim (Distributed Intelligent MEMS Simulator) is a software environment designed to simulate the smart-blocks.
DIMemsSim allows the user to write C++ blocks control programs which are executed inside the virtual environment. These programs are written such as they could also run with as little modifications as possible in a real smart-block implementation.
DIMemsSim core is a discrete event simulator, which allows it to produce deterministic and controllable flows of events.
Core features include:
- Messaging between blocks, also taking into account the network delay,
- Motion of blocks themselves,
- Motion of objects conveyed by the air flow system (realistic air flow modeling)
- Physical displacements of mobiles over the air flow convoying system,
- Embedded sensors.
A real-time graphical interface helps development and debugging by showing:
- The states of blocks through colors, drawings and texts,
- The motions of blocks,
- The motion of convoyed mobiles.
This interface allows selecting a block in order to get in real time log information of the code-block program running in this smart-block.